Som tam ( Thai papaya salad )
A popular Thai salad with glutamate-rich ingredients using AJI-NO-MOTO® for its well-blend taste.
- 2 cups of sliced green papaya (peeled,seeded and thinly sliced)
- 9 cloves of Thai garlics
- 3-5 Thai red chilies (to taste)
- 2 Thai tomatoes (cut into 4 pieces a tomato)
- 2 Chinese long bean (cut into 2-inch pieces)
- 2 tbsp roasted peanut
- 2 tbsp small dried shrimp
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp palm sugar
- 1 tsp AJI-NO-MOTO®
Put Thai red chilies and garlics into a mortar, roughly pound until it breaks.
Add palm sugar, fish sauce, fresh lime juice, AJI-NO-MOTO® and mix together until the palm sugar has dissolved.
Put sliced green papaya, Chinese long bean, sliced tomato and lightly pound for 8-10 times until it is mixed together.
Put on the plate, top with small dried shrimp and roasted peanut.
Serve with vegetable side dishes including cabbage, Chinese long bean and Thai morning glory, etc.