Savory Mushroom Turkey Burger
This recipe comes from a time in the creator's life when, she writes, "we were having trouble finding a good tasting turkey burger." We hate to celebrate struggle, but when it ends with a burger packed with panko, Worcestershire, and anchovy paste--all topped with buttery mushrooms--we have to say, thanks for taking one for the team, inpatskitchen.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus one more if needed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ of a very large onion, thinly sliced (you'll use the other half in the burger)
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 8 ounces crimini mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 1 pinch salt
Cut Chinese cabbage into ３cm squares. Halve the eryngi lengthwise then cut each piece into quarters.
Cut chicken thigh into bitesize and season with salt and pepper. Heat vegetable oil in a flying pan and sear the chicken browning all sides. Add Chinese cabbage and elyngi then cook.
Heat butter in a pan. Add onions and cook until tender. Add white wine, chicken bouillon and cook down until it is at half volume. Add fresh cream, salt, pepper and water with starch and stir.
4. Add 2 into 3 and bring to a boil.