Kakiage (Japanese style vegetable tempura)
- 4 servings
Try umami-rich Kakiage, Japanese style vegetable tempura.
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- 1/2 tsp AJI-NO-MOTO® (MSG)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1 egg
- Cooking oil
- 2 ounces (50g) white radish, grated
- 3 1/2 ounces (100 g) carrot, cut into strips
- 3 1/2 ounces (100 g) french bean, slanting sliced
- 3 1/2 ounces (100 g) enoki mushroom
- 3 1/2 ounces (100 g) pumpkin, cut into stick
- 2 tbsps wheat flour
Ingredients C: sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp AJI-NO-MOTO® (MSG)
- 2 tsps sugar
- 1 tsps vinegar
- 1/2 tsp corn starch, mix with some water
To prepare the tempura batter, combine wheat flour, rice flour, AJI-NO-MOTO® and salt. Mix until well combined.
Mix cold water with egg, mix until well combined.
Combined flour mixture and egg mixture, stir until half mix.
Combined all ingredients (B) and coat with tempura batter. Make sure all vegetables in coated with the mixture.
Heat the cooking oil, fry until golden over medium heat.
Mix all ingredients (C) except corn starch mixture in a pot. Boil until all ingredients have dissolved.
Add in corn starch mixture and stir until thicken.
Ready to serve with white radish.
Sprinkle some flour on the vegetable to help the batter sticking on it.
The mould is optional. You may deep fry directly into the pan.