Muffin Tin Veggie Frittatas
- 4 servings
Muffin Tin Veggie Frittatas make breakfast easy with the bonus of 4 different veggies to help you jump start your produce intake for the day.And the secret ingredient to help lower the sodium by 25% is MSG!
- ½ red bell pepper, diced (approx. ½ cup)
- 3 medium/large white mushrooms, diced (approx. 1 cup rounded)
- ½ medium onion, diced (appox. ½ cup rounded)
- a few fresh spinach leaves, ripped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup liquid egg whites (4 whites)
- ¼ cup 1% milk
- 1/8 teaspoon MSG
- ¼ tsp table salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 3 ounces reduced fat (2%) shredded Mexican or cheddar cheese, divided
Heat a skillet on medium/high heat, add olive oil and sauté peppers, mushrooms and onions until soft, about 10-12 minutes.
Add spinach and stir until wilted.
Remove veggies from heat as set aside.
Preheat oven to 350F.
Combine eggs, whites, milk, Ac’cent, salt and pepper in a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
Stir in 2/3 of the cheese and veggies.
Grease muffin tins well with oil.
Pour egg mixture into tins (about 1/3 cup each). Top with remaining cheese.
Bake for about 18-20 minutes until set, do not overcook.
Remove from oven and let sit for a few minutes.
Remove frittatas and place on a rack to cool.
Refrigerate and reheat leftovers to enjoy for up to 5 days.